(won't load, will try later)
Sadly we didn't win, but it has been decided that we will be doing this everyday friday so we have a few more chances.
So a group of 19 of us went to Malaga yesterday and it was beautiful there. I wasn't aware that Spain had a some what of a tropical area.
We left after class, caught the bus and checked into our hostel, which it self was a unique experience.
We made a quick evening trip to the beach.
We then headed back to the hostel for all you can drink tinto verano (red wine with limon fanta) for 1.50 euro. Even after 4 glasses a 12 year old catholic with a sip from communion would probably have felt more buzzed than I did. In other words, it was essentially punch.
That was the lounge of the hostel where Durrel, a boy in group made friends with another american at the hostel from Pennsylvania, who had been there for 5 weeks already and was going to show us some cool places to have fun. Lets just say after 2 and a half hours of being lead on a wild goose chase by this guy it was clear that he had no idea where he was going. By 12:30, Lauren, Blake, and myself decided to break off from the large group to go find some food. We turned up a random alley and we found the bar Mr. Pennsylvania was trying to take us to. They never made it but we had fun checking it out then going for boccadillos and gellato. We got back to the hostel around 2:30 and it was hotter than hell. No A.C., but I guess you get what you pay for. We were then up by 10:30 to check out by 11 and head to Malaguita Beach.
So nice. We spent all day on the beach just laying out, swimming, walking, eating, and drinking. It was the perfect beach day.
Well like I said we have our first big test on Monday and it is late here so I should be getting to bed.
(So this didn't post when I finished, so it is now the next day... study study study)
Christy!!! Loving your blog my dear! And a tad jealous you're in Spain, I've always wanted to go...how's your espanol comin along? Keep blogging!
ReplyDeletealaska pretenders? did I miss something?
ReplyDelete