Friday, 8 July 2011

Grand-nada

(so once again I failed to post this entry on time)

Happy anniversary Mom and Dad! I hope you guys have a great day and a wonderful time at the Tobin James house!

Well today we had our oral examin. It went better than I had thought it would. I find it heard to really stress-out here over about school. I'm just having to much of a good time. The spanish is coming along, but it still needs lots of work. With two weeks down and two more to go, I can only imagine and look forward to my improvement.
Yesterday I decided to take a much needed study break; some of us in the beginning class joined the intermediate class on their field trip to visit some historic places in Granada. It was the first time I had gotten out of the area we are staying in, and wow, UCLA has us living in the ghetto of Granada! It was such a beautiful walk, I am so glad I decided to take the day off. We went to one of the ancient bath houses, saw a piece of the original wall that had enclosed the city years ago and the St. Nicholas plaza, where the catholic S. Nicolas church was RIGHT next to the arabic mosque (sorry of the lack of a more accurate history, I wasn't really paying attention to details).
Here is a view of Granada, I wish I could tell you more about that castle...


The tour ended around 8 so we wandered around the city center, spent a long time at this wall where we had some fun.
and went out for CaƱa y Tapas and gellado for Ijeoma's birthday then wandered back to the hotel around 11 for some last minute oral prep.

1 comment:

  1. "Oh god, it's a wall! Quick- everybody- on your hands!"

    ReplyDelete