Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Cordoba y Seville

So last weekend was quite the blast. I can't believe I only have less than 2 weeks left... We decided to take the weekend off from school; started off with some shopping of the rebajas, I found a cute skirt and some shirt, then I had to make a quick supply stop at the El Corte Ingles... Cider, Simpsons cookies(becuase why not?) and the necessary goods for beer hurdles.
We then went to a fun little club at the Gypsy Caves, I didn't bring my camera, but I am sure some will show up sooner or later. The bus ride the next day was a little tough to wake up for, or actually I never really had to wake up at all.
We got to Cordoba a few hours later. Era muy muy bonita! Here is a famous little alley way called "calle de flores".
We also visited the biggest mosque/cathedral (I think in the world) called in english, Our Lady of Assumption.
we then wandered around for a few hours in the blazing sun with some gelato, found a cool tapas bar to have lunch in and pass the time before getting back on the bus to Seville. When we got to our hotel around 5 I went straight to the roof top pool with a few friends to hang out. It was so nice here, we stayed for hours. I would kill to go back to that pool now. The next day we took a tour of the 3rd largest cathedral in the world, St Mary of the Sea,And the Royal Alcazar of Seville

Oh and here's some interesting information: Seville is the hottest city in Europe. Fact. I experienced it. We took a walk to the river, luckily we didn't melt, then shopped around and after seeing this guy, mi y mi companeros agreed that he had the right idea...We headed back to the hotel for a siesta before getting on the bus to head back to Granada.

So today we had another big test, hence the lack of recent posts, so I relaxed a little by going to the pool and catching up on the recent episode of Curb with some other fans here. It is also Lauren's birthday so we are headed out for tapas and a night on the town :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like loads of fun! I totally learned about the Royal Alcazar in art appreciation. I'm jealous that you got to visit!

    I love and miss you :)

    ReplyDelete